Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Morning Motion

In today's society it seems like everyone is in a rush. Gone are the times where people wait and see what happens; we need to make things happen. Which is why getting up and going in the morning (however hard) is important. In my film I looked to capture the rush of the morning with the twist of being put in slow motion to embody the sluggish feeling but also illustrate that there is no time to waste and that one's morning routine needs to be executed quickly. Gone are the days where we can afford to wait and see. To put this in perspective, one would only need to look and George  Washington's words, back when he was the sitting president. "We haven't heard from Benj. Franklin in Paris this year. We should right him a letter (Pg. 63)" Nowadays such time isn't even afforded for college students much less the President and his right hand man. This film looks to share the rush to get going put forth on society by new technology.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked this! I thought you did a great job of capturing how you feel in the morning, trying to rush but your head still feeling in a daze. I caught myself laughing several times because I can definitely relate to the slow pouring of the morning coffee, but especially the first shot of you getting out of bed so slowly. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought your video was great! I enjoyed your interpretation of a college student's stressful and busy lifestyle. Thought slowing down the speed of the video in accordance with the alarm sound was a cool way to capture the real grogginess of the morning. Also I liked how you brought the viewer back to real time at the end of your video, by showing us that it only took you 5 minuted to accomplish your morning routine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was great! certainly captured what it feels like to get up and start your day. love the music and camera angles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo I feel like this on way to lifts at 6 am lol! Dope video though made me yawn in a good way though

    ReplyDelete