Tuesday, October 27, 2015

1-Minute Sound Bite

"We hear sounds from everywhere, without ever having to focus (McLuhan, 111)." This is a quote I kept in mind in creating my 1 minute sound bite. In my project I was directly attempting to capture a story or narrative just through the sounds it produces. Furthermore I wanted to give the listener a sense that it was a sound experience that occurred while walking outside or sitting next to the window rather than something you listen when you put your headphones in. The car screeching, the fire burning, and the overall tone of the other instruments used hopefully evokes a dark feeling. That little is acheived I beleive but it will be interesting to see in my responses whether people felt it was more than creepy sounds and an actual attempt to tell a narrative. I enjoyed this project in its freedom. With photography and film you are limited to the things that surround oneself. With the enourmous library of different sounds on GarageBand, the individual really had the freedom to take this project in whatever direction they pleased. Please listen to my clip attached below! Special thanks to Brandon Vamarasi!!


Heads or Tails - Patrick O'Mahoney & Brandon Vamarasi

2 comments:

  1. i really like that your video was abstract without seeming like you tried too hard. it was interesting and engaging, but didn't feel forced. thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background noise gave it some life, with faint sirens and some cool sound clips and editing, this piece is pretty neat. Good job!

    ReplyDelete